Monday, October 3, 2011

USU vs BYU




Well Friday Sep 30, 2011 USU played against BYU! Everyone was really nervous and anxious and excited! We all knew it would be an amazing game considering both teams are playing the same this year. I went down to Ogden Thurs night cuz Nate left for Provo that morning and I did not want to stay up here by myself ha. That night I met up with Michelle and went to Institute and we were able to listen to Bro. Anderson teach again! It was like we were in high school again! I loved it!!! After that we picked Megan up and met Rachel down at Iggys at the Junction! Iggys is amazing and we all loved our food! After that I went home and fell right to sleep cuz it was really late and slept at my moms! When I woke up, Laine and I got ready for the day very slowly! Laine, Taylor, Grandpa, Mom and I went to Lunch at chilies, (another amazing place to eat!) After that I left to go meet my dad in SLC cuz he was going to the game with me! We met at 2 at his work and headed right out! We did not want to mess with Traffic! Luckily we got down there in 45 min. and we had plenty of time to kill before the gates open up! My dad and I went to DQ and got some frozen lemonades which hit the spot ;). during our time at DQ the USU buses drove past and everyone started waving and clapping for them! it was pretty awesome! My dad and I headed over the the gates at 4 and went to go find our seats! the BYU people at the gates were really nice! wanted to know all about Nate and just amazing hosts! My dad and I got pretty good seats! 25th row and in the corner so the sun didn't hit us and awesome view of the field! We sat there for quite awhile listening to really annoying USU fans and just relaxed while watching USU warm up for the big game. People started filling in and we knew that the time was counting down! Christina and Grant met us up at our seats and the game began! well for anyone who didn't watch the game, I AM SORRY! it was seriously one of the most intense games of this season (other then Auburn!) On the first play of the game, Turbin ran the ball all the way down the field and scored the first touchdown of the game! We were all going crazy.. jumping up and down, screaming!! it was so cool! the rest of the game was pretty even! Brady went to tackle some guy and their helmets hit and the stupid ref evicted him in the first part of the game.. I agree with a penalty, but evicted... how lame is that... evicted for the game for helmet to helmet never happens in college ball.. I think that was a little extreme...  Heaps was having some major trouble... and BYU took him out and put in Rylie Nelson. He was so much better then heaps.. unfortunately we didn't play Turbin very much because every teams counts on him playing and knows all of his plays.. and we were not ready for nelson.. We were switching back and forth for awhile on who was ahead and then USU stayed ahead the rest of the game! with 1 min left, we were up by 4.. We were all freaking out.. the game could either stay this way or change very fast and we had the time for it to change.. with 19 seconds left, BYU got a very lucky pass that was tipped and caught in the end zone and they scored..... now they were up by 3..  we had 11 seconds to have a miracle happen... well unfortunately it did not happen and we were all upset! But USU did not have any mistakes in the game and they played their hardest! It was a pretty fair game except when Brady got evicted for helmet to helmet.. They boys were all really sad, and pretty much made all of us cry watching them.. for the most part BYU fans were wonderful.. but there were a few I would have hit with my water bottle if I was close enough and if my dad wasn't telling me to calm down and not feed the fire.. sorry I don't care who you love and support... but you do not go to players after a game and start mocking them and being stupid.. you are just asking to get killed.. any who.. for the most part the game was a very exciting and intense game! Nate did amazing and almost had a huge tackle at the first of the game! I love you so much babe and keep up the good work.

Oh the final score was 27-24 BYU... Funny thing, the papers predicted this same score but USU... Funny how things work!

No comments:

Post a Comment